Buying, selling or renting a home

Moving home

If you're buying or selling a home, you need to ensure that the legal side of your move is dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Liaising with the many parties involved in a home move can be very time consuming. We can help by liaising with estate agents, surveyors, home inspectors, local authorities, mortgage lenders, insurance companies, energy inspectors and other solicitors on your behalf. That way, all you have to do is make one call to us to get an update on progress. We also use online links to the Land Registry to speed up title searches.

You might want advice on choosing other professionals. With our extensive knowledge of the local market, we can recommend surveyors, estate agents and other specialists, and introduce you to financial advisors to help with your mortgage application. We can also advise you on the most appropriate type of survey for the property you are considering so that you can avoid any nasty surprises when you move.

While the legal aspects of property ownership for married couples are relatively straightforward, the issues are more complex for people who are in a second marriage or civil partnership, living together as an unmarried couple, or own a property jointly with other people as friends or as a business arrangement. We can advise on the best ownership arrangement, either as joint tenants or tenants in common, and can prepare a Deed of Trust setting out the ownership shares in the property.

Whatever your circumstances, our aim is to make your move as straightforward and worry-free as possible.

Contact us for a FIXED FEE estimate of conveyancing costs.

What do I need to do if I'm buying or selling a home?

Download our free checklist which explains the legal process of property sale and purchase.

Other services you might need

Inheritance tax planning
Dealing with probate
Renting your home
Obtaining an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
Preparing a Deed of Trust
Preparing a Tenancy Agreement